i’m burning my fairly new raw beeswax candle and the subtle smell of honey is heady and intoxicating. yummy. it inspires me to write and inspires beauty on this fresh morning. i have already written in my journal, i am so ecstatic that i’ve gotten back into the groove of it, where i feel not whole and unsteady unless i write in it. it brings me back to my center so i can be the best version of myself, at least for the moment.
i’ve recently learned a new trick for feeling better even if i’m in the foulest mood possible. i am one of those people that spreads what i’m feeling at the moment far and wide to anyone i come into contact with in my personal life. so if i’m happy, it’s contagious, if i’m mad, then watch out so, my trick is that no matter what i may be feeling, i write in my journal 5 things i am grateful for. yes it sounds slightly annoying, but it works. and why would i want to stay in a bad mood and waste a beautiful day? anything’s worth a shot to save a day, in my opinion! of course on the worst days, the last thing i feel like doing is letting anyone or any force out there know that i’m grateful for something when i feel like yelling out all the complaints i have. but there’s always SOMEthing some examples of stuff off my numerous grateful lists while being in a bad mood:
- i’m grateful for my new, pretty journal
- i’m grateful for the nice weather
- i’m grateful for the vacation that’s coming up (and even if it’s a whole month away, i won’t think about that part :tongue
- i’m grateful for my beeswax candle
- i’m grateful for artichokes!
- i’m grateful for sleep, especially when i CAN sleep
- i’m grateful for the buzz i have from the wine i had w lunch!
haha so there’s always something, and if you do it for enough days in a row (i’d say try 21!), then you find it starts to work. try it!